Saturday, March 11, 2017

Weekly Recap

Sophie was great this week. I worked her twice more... once she just got led down to stand in the arena and watch while another horse got ridden. She had such an easy day because Zoey got worked! The second time I put her in the round pen for a few minutes. She is moving really good right now... really relaxed and loose through her back! I put a line on her: she remembered walking around me in a circle and staying out on the circle when she stopped. She's super smart and I'm loving how quickly she picks things up and retains them!

I sat on Zoey the day I worked her. She acted like she hadn't missed a day of work in the past three years. I'm trying to decide if I want to send her to the colt starter again or just get her going myself. If I wasn't so out of shape I would just do it myself but...I am DEFINITELY out of shape! I would bet money on her not doing a thing wrong but, on the slim chance she does, I'm pretty sure I don't want to be the one sitting on her. 

I've got some drama going on with where the horses are boarded. Can't say much about it right now but I am trying to figure out if it warrants a move. I'm super stressed about the whole thing and really just want it to be resolved one way or the other! Clayton worked last night so I've got both kids right now and I'm trying to work on some options while keeping them both alive. It's not going very well... the options part, that is. Both kids are alive and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment