Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to school...

Lots of new developments in my life lately. I decided to go back to school, which was unexpected even to me! When I graduated from A&M I swore that I was never going back to school.

Well. Like I said, it surprised me too. I woke up one morning and realized that I needed to have a backup plan in place; that, while I love my job right now, I do not want to work here forever. My job involves quite a few hours as well as very little time off. I have always known that it was not something that I would want to do when the hubby and I have kids but had not really thought of another plan. I have always planned on staying home with my kids and I still plan on that.

Let's face it though-I have an addiction to something very expensive.
I don't know that I would feel comfortable expecting the hubby to pay for family vacations, our home, things for our kids, AND my horses/showing on top of that. He would do it gladly but I feel like that was too much pressure to put on him. I don't want him to be too busy working to ever see his family (AKA me!!!).

So...drumroll please.


I am taking prereqs necessary to apply to nursing school. A school around here has an online BSN program that takes 15 months. If all goes according to plan, I will begin in Sept. 2013 and graduate Dec. 2014. I would love to work a few shifts a week at night in the beginning. To put this into perspective, I will make the same amount of $$$ that I do now working 6 days/week with 1-2 shifts/week at a hospital. That's pretty damn appealing, I am not going to lie!

The schedule is flexible enough for me to still show/be home with future kids/spend quality time with the hubby. I am excited about it...ask me how I feel in 6 months!

I have taken two of my prereqs already: a psych and A&P1. The A&P1 just finished...it was over 4 weeks so it was pretty intense. A's in both classes so far. 2 down, 5 to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment