Monday, September 26, 2011

As it turns out, I am blogger.com illiterate

Okay, all you seasoned bloggers out there...how in the world do I respond to a comment? I just spent 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back trying to figure it out.


The comment that I was trying so desperately to respond to was Becky's about the chestnut baby. Meet Reba.

She is actually Zoey's half sister (they are by the same stud). I definately think Reba will end up bigger than Zoey, however. She is currently 18 months old and 15.3+hh! She's a moose but is a sweetheart.





On another note, I apologize (to my one reader-aloha Becky!) for the recent lack of updates. Four posts in and I am already slacking off! My mom just sold the house that I grew up in and I spent a lot of time helping her move/sorting through all of my childhood possessions.

For the record, 23+ years is way too long for a family to be in one house. Moving is a pain in the ass but it definately helps sort through stuff before it piles into large, unmanageable mountains of useless things.

The things that we had kept over the years was ridiculous! Of course, some of it was quite entertaining. Lots of old journal entries detailing my huge plans for the various equine partners in my life. The most notable was the palomino paint cow horse that I rode when I was in 7th and 8th grade.

"Dusty" belonged to a friend of my father's and, in retrospect, was one of the most tolerant horses ever to exist. I had big plans to turn him into an eventer, of all things. I was the strange child that asked for PVC pipes for her 14th birthday. Hey, I had to have jumps, right?? I am sure that it was a completely safe move for me to stick them between two open folding chairs and urge my trusty steed over them.

I will dig up the pictures of me and Dusty one of these days. I was up to date on all the latest equestrian fashions, including a hot pink bicycle helmet and stretchy yoga pants for breeches. Did I mention that I went through very chubby stages quite frequently in my childhood?

Ahem. Moment of silence for the poor, clueless child that I was. Maybe it's best to leave those photos stashed away after all!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I doubt I'm your only reader. I'm just the only one who clicked on "follow". :) And if you keep posting gorgeous photos you'll get PLENTY of readers.

    So, 18 months and 15.3hh? So you're saying I probably need to get one of those big manila envelopes for you to mail her, right? Maybe a small box? Sigh. She's even prettier up close. And I'm 5'9, so taller is better.

    And the way you respond on blogspot is you just comment on your own post, like a normal commenter. It's dumb. If you want to respond beneath my comment like you see on some blogs then you have to host your blog at wordpress - which has WAY more cool bells and whistles but is less user friendly.



    Moving is AWFUL. It goes well at first, but then you end up with all the "Where does this go?" stuff. The last time I moved I daydreamed about setting the whole house on fire and just starting over. You have all my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete