Thursday, September 15, 2011

Further introductions

It's time to meet the rest of the cast.

I already introduced the DPH, who truly is the most patient man in the world. He went from not growing up with pets to marrying me and gaining two indoor/outdoor dogs, a wild cat, and two horses. He is such a good sport...check out the design of the thank you cards that we sent out after our wedding:




You all met Zoey yesterday, who has the starring role in this blog. I can't resist sharing more cute pictures of her, so here you go! If pure cuteness bores you, then skip the next few pictures.


Hanging out with her mom in the pasture


Wheeee-I canz FLY


A few months old here


 
Okay, enough Zoey-cuteness for one post. Moving on in the introductions...meet Sadie the Wonder Dog. She was the first animal that I coerced DPH into getting DPH and I decided to get together. We picked her out from the shelter when she was a tiny puppy and she has been the World's Best Dog ever since.


 

Next in the line-up is Tucker, the World's Sweetest Creature. Tucker joined the family a year after Sadie. All Tucker wants in life is to have his tummy rubbed. He is the most happy-go-lucky animal I have ever met.

 This picture sums up his entire outlook on life


Carmel is the other equine member of the family. My parents bought her for my sister seven years ago and, after my sister gained interests other than riding, was ridden a little by my mother. When my parents decided to sell her last year the DPH and I bought her from them. I use her as a lesson horse now. She is a fantastic babysitter and an all-around good citizen.


At a show with one of the lead-liners


Last but not least is Oliver the Naughty Cat. Someone dropped off a young, very pregnant cat at the barn and, being the soft-hearted sucker that I am, I brought her in our house so she could have her kittens inside. Naturally, I fell in love with one and had to keep him. Before you judge me, take a look at this picture and tell me if you could resist how cute he was!




Wonder Dog and the Naughty Kitty are BFFs


Congratulations if you made it through this entire post! As your reward, I present you a picture of Zoey at 14 months old. She's lost that cute baby look but I'm happy with how she is turning out so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment