Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lazy Sundays

I love Sundays.


Favorite day of the week.


I work the other six days, so Sunday is my day to catch up on housework, cook a nice Sunday dinner, and do charitable works for others.








HAHAHA. Excuse me while I regain my composure. If you believed a word of that last sentence you clearly have a lot to learn about me. I am certainly not opposed to the idea of housework, cooking, or charitable actions but here is how a typical Sunday at my house tends to go:

  • Wake up around 7am to let the dogs out, proceed to get back in bed
  • Doze in that wonderful dreamy state until the DPH wakes up and decides he has to have his daily coffee fix
  • Drag myself out of bed, usually clutching my blanket and pillow. Relocate to the couch
  • Flip through the channels and find a guilty-pleasure show to watch (favorites include America's Next Top Model, Toddlers and Tiaras, Teen Mom, etc. Don't judge me)
  • Eat something
  • Distract the DPH from his studying
  • Eat something else
  • Resume rotting my brain with more trash television
  • Bother the DPH
  • Feel guilty for being so lazy and unproductive
  • Start to do laundry, get distracted by the Naughty Cat
  • Resume watching television

You get the idea. Sundays are not generally productive for me.

Today, however, I outdid myself. I did TWO loads of laundry (okay, so the first load is sitting on my dining room table waiting to be folded and the second load is still in the dryer. Close enough). I completed a sale on one of the barn's horses and loaded him for his new owner. I moved some boxes from my mom's house (she sold the house and it closes Tuesday). The DPH and I spent some quality  time together. All in all, a pretty productive day.

I am calling it a night...I have boot camp at the gym in the morning. My abs still hurt from boot camp on Friday, so I am not especially excited about this prospect.

I hate to leave you without any sort of pretty pony pictures to look at, so here you go:


Larry, the TB gelding I sold a few months ago. He is getting ready for fox hunting this fall with a 12yr old rider. Great-minded horse-he is the kind that helps combat the rumors of how crazy OTTBs are!

No comments:

Post a Comment